If you are interested in learning astrophotography 1-on-1, this is the option for you. Here are some of the topics I can help guide you on (pretty much anything):
- Widefield DSLR
- Deep sky
What the private workshop entails is one full night of astrophotography, usually spanning from 1hr before sunset to 3 AM, along with a 4hr editing session done the following day, or online at a convenient time. If you don't have your own equipment, you are free to use mine for the evening.
I am currently based in LA, so this price is based on teaching in parks within a day's trip from LA, places like:
- Joshua Tree National Park
- Pinnacles National Park
- Anza Borrego
- Eastern Sierra Mountains
- Lone Pine
- Death Valley
Accommodations for this workshop will be basic camping to maximize our time with the telescopes or capturing images. If you prefer an Airbnb, we can include this in the itinerary instead and I will bill you the cost.
If you live outside of California, I am willing to travel to teach. Feel free to contact me via my contact form and we can work something out regarding travel.
- -2hrs before sunset: Meet at our campground or imaging spot to set up our equipment.
- Sunset to +3hrs: Start imaging with the telescopes, discuss best practices, and review our image data.
- +3hrs to +6hrs: Let the telescopes run, and practice widefield or nightscape photography with DSLRs.
- After this, sleep and let the telescopes and DSLRs work until sunrise.
- 9:30-10:00 AM: Wake up, go get breakfast.
- 11:00 AM-3:00 PM: Editing session at a library or conference room
We can repeat this itinerary for as many nights as you like for an extra $600 per night. This is also just an example deep sky astrophotography itinerary, if your needs are more suited towards widefield or landscape, the itinerary can be tailored to your goals.